The pages below give a brief summary of some of the campaigns that I am currently involved in in my roles as both a Councillor and social activist.
- Public Housing Sell-off – in Millers Point, as well as in other parts of inner Sydney, the government is planning to sell off public housing properties, tearing communities apart despite their own research showing this to be financially unsustainable.
- Planning System Reforms – proposed changes to the way developments are approved look set to shut the community out and ignore preservation of the natural environment.
- Council Amalgamations – a proposal to merge numerous Councils to form a ‘Global Sydney Super Council’ with 800 000 residents would be financially unsustainable and damage local democracy.
- Lift Redfern – Redfern station is completely inaccessible to people with disabilities, please help us fix this!
- Public Housing Maintenance – everyone has the right to a livable home.
- Rebuilding Redfern – the government have grand plans to remake Redfern and Waterloo, but for whose benefit?
- Peace and security for public housing tenants – far too many public housing tenants are living in fear in their own homes.
- End income support inequality – there is a class divide between people in different welfare programs in Australia.